Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[release] More Accurate OS X Logons

34 posts in this topic

OSX Jaguar and Panther Logon Screens for Stardock's Logon Studio (freeware)

These new logons follow very closely to the OSX Login screen. Features include:

-correct layout and fairly accurate graphics

-properly color balanced Jaguar Background

-correct cursor/mouseover action (no hand cursor)

-more accurate shadows on user pics

-more accurate user name placement

-os x user pics included

-customizable computer identification text

-two panther styles possible

screens:

jaglogtn.jpg

http://www.horsesonmars.com/Jaguarlogin.jpg

panlogtn.jpg

http://www.horsesonmars.com/Pantherlogin.jpg

panaltlogtn.jpg

http://www.horsesonmars.com/Pantherloginalt.jpg

download:

Jaguar

Panther

Very nice indeed, I'm becomming more fond of LogonStudio everyday....

This is a really good piece of work, thank you.

Cheers

Jon@z

Looking good.

Quite large files though.

Q: Does size o/t Logon influence the

responsiveness/performance of windows?

when i type in my password, no text (or little black dots) show up. did u put in a font that we might not have?

when i type in my password, no text (or little black dots) show up. did u put in a font that we might not have?

What kind of little black dots are you getting exactly? The default XP logon uses little black dots, and so does OS X. Do you have LucidaMac installed?

@weibeest: the size of the rar files reflects that there are actually five .logon files packed in, not simply one. The readme file explains. There should be no performance issues. If you have any problems please let me know.

im getting no black dots. screen shot will show u what i mean. oh and i have all lucidamac fonts installed.

maclogon.jpg

im getting no black dots. screen shot will show u what i mean. oh and i have all lucidamac fonts installed.
That's really odd. I can see by the screenshot you have the correct font installed. The decimal code for that character is 9679 (or 25CF in hex) , defined as "black dot" for Lucida Mac, the same as the default font, Arial. Not sure why that is happening, but download this attached fix and put it in the logon folder you are using (panther 1 user) and replace the UIFILE already there. This should map the Arial black dot instead of the LucidaMac one. Tell me what you get.

i love u man, that fixed it and i have a screen shot to prove it. and by the way, this is the most amazing logon iv ever seen.

ssfsfsfdsfs.bmp

im new to logon studio, how do u edit it were it says your computer name goes here?

I clicked on edit and changed it, but it screwed up the whole thing, so that the only thing visible was the icon and the type field.

ill post a screen if u need it

im new to logon studio, how do u edit it were it says your computer name goes here?

I clicked on edit and changed it, but it screwed up the whole thing, so that the only thing visible was the icon and the type field.

ill post a screen if u need it

Sounds like the ini file might have gotten corrupted. Try redownloading the skin and start fresh. Then go into the skin folder and open "theme.ini" with notepad. Go to line 22 and put in whatever you want after the equal sign. then save and reload the logon in Logon Studio to see the change.

Ex.

22=Grim's Machine

here's a screenie:

theme-ini.jpg

Hope that helps.

@mntnbkr1065:

i love u man, that fixed it and i have a screen shot to prove it. and by the way, this is the most amazing logon iv ever seen.

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for pointing this problem out.

If anybody else has this problem, just redownload the rar files. I patched them all and reuploaded. Please only redownload if you have the problem. I'm quickly reaching my bandwith limit for the month.

They really look awesome. When will we be able to download them again?

I increased my bandwidth, so they're back up.

cheers

One of AL Staff - Prostoy - has released port of Panther Logon screen today.

It's converted to logonui.exe and russified version of Panther Logon screen made by pazl for LogonStudio.

For more info - visit forum thread [link].

-----

Screenshot: click here

Download: click here to go to D/L page

PS Permissions from pazl was recieved by Prostoy this morning.

I cannot use it, the error message is "value creation failed at line 40".

what does it mean?

cheers!

Which version are you using? Prostoy's converted version or the one I posted? And which type, Jag or Panther? Are you able to get other logons to work with Logon Studio?

what does it mean?

Well, it seems the logon can't find bitmap in it's resources. Here's the original line #40 in UIFILE:

background: rcbmp(2005,7,#FF00FF,502rp,493rp,0,0);

Most probably it means that bitmap numbered as 2005 is missing (bitmap_128.bmp in pazl's original logon). If you've tried to convert the LogonXP screen, take a look at your resources carefully: is there a bitmap #2005 (it's the "main" image in my case)? If you're using pazl's original logon, open the Theme.ini and take a look at section [MoreBitmaps].

There is no theme.ini file... How do I change the "Your Computer's Name Goes Here" text?

what does it mean?

cheers!

This problem has been solved.

The reason is, my windows is not a English-speaking language version,

brings on the login studio cannot be worked correctly.

I just change the deafult language to English(U.S), and then use logon studio to apply it.

Thank you for helping. :D

The reason is, my windows is not a English-speaking language version,

brings on the login studio cannot be worked correctly.

I just change the deafult language to English(U.S), and then use logon studio to apply it.

And this caused the problem with value creation? Hmm.

There is no theme.ini file... How do I change the "Your Computer's Name Goes Here" text?

The theme.ini file is there, otherwise the logon wouldn't work correctly and you wouldn't even see "your computer's name goes here" as that is in the theme.ini file. Check to see if it somehow got hidden. Windows may be hiding ini files as protected system files depending on your setup.

I have a question.

Is the logonui.exe version made by Prostoy compatible with Windows Home Edition XP sp2 and is it gonna work?

I mean I know how to replace the logonui.exe file. You have to boot in safe mode and replace it or to kill the processus explorer.exe and then to replace it.

All this stuff I know.

However, I have some doubts about this file since the original Windows logonui.exe makes like 4 Mo and the version by Prostoy makes only like 1.35 Mo so I am not sure if it is gonna work. ( 4 Mo and 1 Mo, the difference is huge)

Can anyone tell me?

And is it for SP2 or SP1?

Thank you so much