Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avedesk 1.1 Tutorial

45 posts in this topic

hey guys. ive done all i can trying to get avedesk going the way i want but i just want someone to confirm the steps to installing a new docklet/desklet and adding it so it can be seen and used.

heres the deal-

i download a new docklet. the instruction says just unzip it to the docklet folder in avedesk. then add it...

i unzip it in the folder like they say. i go to avedesk to add it but it doesnt show up for me to add it.

i try another method, i manually copy and paste each file, (such as config file to config folder, script file to script folder...) and then when i go add it, it shows up in the list and i click add and it works..

i dont think i should have to do this every time with new docklets...since the instructions says to just unzip it into docklet folder, it should just work. right?

someone please confirm the proper way for me...i getting dizzy looking around for instructions again and again.

Why is everything a ".aveinst" file..when it clearly should be a .rar/zip file :S...You don't have any programs that asociate with it..they just change the icon...why..?

.aveinst files is the new format of auto-installing desklets.

Just set AveDesk to open them.

I need help.

i download a desklet and unziped it to the desklet folder, but then it doesen't appear in the control panel. So i cant add it.

I also tried to install some .aveinst but it doesen't work....

Someone please help me

I download the 1.2 version, but I cant download the manual because i need more privileges, how i can obtain more privileges?

Me he descargado la version 1.2 pero no se muy bien como funciona, me gustaría poder descargarme el manual pero dice que necesito mas privilegios, como los puedo obtener?

Thanks

Uh, there's actually a 1.3 version and no manual yet. You don't need more privileges. Play around with PidlShortcut and look in all the options--that should get you started :).

-NC

Can anybody tell me, when tutorial for 1.3 comes. I have theme, which only works with 1.3 but i cant understand this program at all:(. Just tell do you finish it in summer or not. I am waiting for it, truly i am.

I'm on the same boat with ronnie (Yes I Downloaded the tut). When I try to setup the "My computer" desklet to tell me how much space I have used on it, I get nothing. Just the My computer still.

(But good tutorial)

When I first wanted to install aveinst files the Open With dialogue box opened, but I could never make AveDesk go into this box by for browsing it (it would never be added to the list) now I have to just drag the files into the desklets control panel, this is a real pain is there any fix fr this?

Thanks

im using 1.3, the files are show as being recognised by avedesk (the icon is the box) but they dont open when i double click them...

Maybe you didn't register the program correctly. Go to the main AveDesk folder, and then try clicking "Unregister.bat." Once that's done, click "Register.bat."

Hope this helps,

-NC

I just installed 1.3 on my Vista laptop, but all the desklets are invisible. They are there, but I can't see them at all. Any suggestions?

i need help, i can't use this application. my avedesk installation files give warning that D3D9.DLL is missing. did i miss something?

that's DirectX. Make sure you have Direct X installed. I don't remember which one.