Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Official "I Switched" Thread

650 posts in this topic

I am now the proud owner of an 8GB iPhone.

FUn little thing.

EDGE is still slow as hell, but thank god for WiFi.

i got an iPod Shuffle!

i know it's not so amazing, but it was a present and i like it though.

Santa gave me a 160 gb iPod Classic (black). Put my 80 gb music collection on it. Very happy right now!

I took all my Best Buy gift cards and dropped them on a 16GB iPod Touch that I've wanted since the release. I filled it up with 15GB worth of music, pics, and videos and now my MacBook is taking a vacation. It actually holds my whole GD collection. Love it.........

Happy Days!

Hi, and good 2008 year ;)

I got it!

A MBP 15". I'm very happy to have it, I can realy work with it :).

So, a few images of unpacking and a comparison between my old laptop and the new :).

MBP-unpacking.JPG

MBP-unpacking1.JPG

MBP-unpacking3.JPG

MBP-unpacking4.JPG

MBP-unpacking5.JPG

MBP-unpacking6.JPG

MBP-Old-New-Comparison.JPG

I have the impression to dream. It's so incredible to finally have, after month and month of waiting. And leopard work perfectly, a real happyness.

Its no macbook pro, but its still a sexy macbook :)

MacBook3,1 IntelCoreDuo 2.0GHz 1GB/80GB storage OSX Leopard 10.5.1

72zofvt.jpg

6xbhqva.jpg

Is that your first MacBook? I also wouldn't have recommended buying one right away because new ones may be announced later this month... if you don't like the new ones you could always get the current ones at the apple store the day they are announced (before the new ones are in stores)

yeah, but it was a boxing week sale, & it couldn't wait I needed a laptop for a pile of things this month. I'm so happy with it :D

Well, longtime Windows User, whose spent a great deal in time customizing laptop after laptop to look like a mac. That is until, Windows Vista came out, and I was loving the whole feel and look of it.

Now, within this week, I will be taking the Mac plunge and purchasing a 17inch MacBook PRO notebook. Any software you guys recommend off the bat to make my transition a little easier?

Key things I ALWAYS reinstall on my windows notebook no matter how many times I format were, Microsoft Office 07, Some type of virtual drive (Magic ISO), CD Burning software (Roxio 10), Limewire, uTorrent, Adobe Audition (.mp3 editor, cut and edit songs with crazy effects and what have you) and K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

Are there MAC equivalents to these applications? With the exception of Office, which I know there's already a Mac version

Some type of virtual drive (Magic ISO) -> Toast can mount isos as real drives (meaning emulating copy protection for games when you don't want your real dvd inside, etc ...) but OSX can mount many things by itself (not like real dvds but still like drives, pretty similar to Daemon Tools anyway)

CD Burning software (Roxio 10) -> I use disk utility (^^) but Toast is also there

Limewire -> I don't use it so I don't know

uTorrent -> Transmission, Azureus, Tomato Torrent

Adobe Audition (.mp3 editor, cut and edit songs with crazy effects and what have you) -> I think there are an easy to use mp3 editor for osx (named Fusion or something like that) but there is also Audacity (but I don't think it's as cool as Adobe Audition for the effects)

Plus there might be an Mac OS X port knowing adobe ...

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack -> Quicktime+Perian ,VLC or MPlayer for OSX

Thanks for the info Dream_Team

Im having another problem however, this time its with iTunes.

Basically the situation is, that ALL text is in Korean or something. I have no clue how I even changed it or even when, I uninstalled and re-installed iTunes, and still the samething.

Anyone know how I can fix this, and get it back to displaying ENGLISH???

Thanks.

Maybe you should try looking in the iternationnal menu if english (or your mother language) is 1st

The language is set to english as the first language.

It's so weird, all the characters are displayed in another language......but when I mouse over them, it shows it in english.

Well, after 3 years of nagging my dad I finally got my macbook.

Heres the specs, its the $1300 model on Apple.com:

2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo

2GB Ram

160 GB Hard Drive

Got me an iPod Touch 8GB and I am going to receive my iPhone in a few days *happy*

i bought the iPod Touch first, when the iPhone wasn't shipped in Austria and now it's here :)

Well, a long time away from here, but want to let you all know that my dream finally became true: I am the VERY happy owner of an new iMac 20" CD2 2.0 Ghz with 3 GB of RAM... just an AMAZING machine!! I got it last december and till today, sometimes I can't believe its mine...

I was familiar with Tiger but I have to say that Leopard is such a great OS.. I'm sure that it will become as stable and reliable as tiger, very soon.

I want to get a Mac soo bad. I'd most likely get a Mac Mini because I do not have very much money at the moment. But it is way better than nothing!

Well, it took a while. But I have just bought a iMac (24 inches one). that thing is crazy. I'm setting it up in the morning :P

edit: Well it's now done! the best is shiny, and nice :P But the keyboard'll get some time to get used to ;)

OK, I'm finally going to give a rant:

Why do you people post about getting your macs? We don't care. I don't post about all the new things I get (well, if I got new things I wouldn't post about it). And before anyone responds "But I care!!!", remember, there are 20,000 members on this forum. Only post if you think more than 5 will care.

It's not even interesting to talk about, since millions of people have macs. If you built your own PC, there's at least some discussion there (what parts you used, etc).

But of course, everyone else seems to love these threads, so I'm going to turn this into the official "I got a mac" thread. I think there was one before, but it probably got lost.

well played as macs have never been better then IBM compatibless -same hardware -motherboard -nothing new -always a pos and then they pay more for a pos copying pos -shows what fools they are.

something more truly unique and more powerful is the Amiga -which is now the Itanium=ps3

I guess some kind of happiness to share through having a mac.Mac always the talk of the town when it comes to computer.Personally,i don't have one but hopefully buy before this year end.Thankful to hear the members happy with what they have.