Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Official "I Switched" Thread

650 posts in this topic

I GOT IT GUYS. I finally got my powerbook. Its been a long wait, but now its happened. Im on my pc waiting for it to update the software.

Specs: 15" 1.33ghz 512mb ram

just wanted to let u guys know.

-bunkka :canadian:

YAY!

OK, I'm finally going to give a rant:

Why do you people post about getting your macs? We don't care. I don't post about all the new things I get (well, if I got new things I wouldn't post about it). And before anyone responds "But I care!!!", remember, there are 20,000 members on this forum. Only post if you think more than 5 will care.

It's not even interesting to talk about, since millions of people have macs. If you built your own PC, there's at least some discussion there (what parts you used, etc).

But of course, everyone else seems to love these threads, so I'm going to turn this into the official "I got a mac" thread. I think there was one before, but it probably got lost.

This is actually a good idea for those that do like to share with the boards their new aquisitions.

Should we beggin merging threads?

Originally posted by Seph@Jul 11 2004, 01:43 PM

This is actually a good idea for those that do like to share with the boards their new aquisitions.

Should we beggin merging threads?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Merge away.

And contrasutra, we tell people about getting our Mac's because we want to share with others what we got.

I am sure if you went to a gaming forum, you will be getting posts like "My new gaming rig" etc.

I got an iBook!!!! (4 months ago). Just want to keep you all in the loop.

Got my beauty Keiko five months ago (and I never posted no thread about it :6). And she got a nice 160GB LaCie FW HDD added to her last week. Yum yum. ;)

I beat you to Macdom Ji! Mwahahaha! :P:lol: :moon:

I got my shiny little 15" powerbook last month. I'm just debating which bluetooth mouse to add because the apple one only has one button.

I don't have a mac, i won't be getting one and i don't like them.

Just wanted you to know that.

i hope i`ll get a brand new iMac in Sept :)

and why not have a single "I got a Mac" thread?

Share the fun :6

I got a 15 gig third gen iPod. I love it, couldnt imagine life without it.. Get an iPod, and you will know true bliss. :D

I just ordered my 17inch powerbook with a gig of ram 128meg video memory and 5400rpm hard drive i cant wait i think ill be lookin out the window a lot more waiting to see the fedex truck. I also orderd photoshop I cant wait

Can I also have some of the money that's coming out of your ears?

Congratulations, by the way. :rock:

i finally got my mac today, after waiting almost 2 weeks for it, they were waiting for a shipment from the US and it only came on saturday, so now im here typing on my brand new eMac superdrive, i know it isnt a g5 but i love this little guy.

im not completely converting to mac, but it will be my main machine now, pc will be used for gaming only :D

Originally posted by xfodder@Jul 19 2004, 08:37 AM

i finally got my mac today, after waiting almost 2 weeks for it, they were waiting for a shipment from the US and it only came on saturday, so now im here typing on my brand new eMac superdrive, i know it isnt a g5 but i love this little guy.

im not completely converting to mac, but it will be my main machine now, pc will be used for gaming only :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congrats! Us eMac users need to stick together.. Everyone seems to dump on the eMac. :( (Even though this quarter Apple sold 2x as many eMacs as iMacs..)

Hey guys,

I just got my first iPod,ever.Today! I wanted to buy an iPod for 6 months (but I didn't like the touch buttons)then mini came out(I loved the wheel,but only 4GB's and they alwasy told me I have to be on the waiting list for 6 weeks! to get one).

finally...the new iPods came out,the ones with theclick wheel,and it's like a dream come true.I got the 20GB one(plus the iTalk from Griffin so I can record college lectures this fall).

It's the greatest creation ever,and it was so worth to wait for.

:lol: Cool! I wish I could get one...

I hope you enjoy you iPod :rock:

^_^

yea, the iPod is a great thing. i had one of the 10GB. (1 week later the 15GB came out) but i returned it. i was working at this place, but only temp. and i had pretty much wasted all of my last paycheck and my girl wanted to go to Winter Formal. yea ... see ladies, the things we have to go through to make you happy. but its ok, im getting one of the new iPod's. hopefully 20GB (cuz i got about 13GB or music right now) so the 15 is just not going to cut it.

...but yea man. have fun with that thing, i know you will.

I just wanted to say that I bought the fourth generation iPod today and would like to say that i love it. It is nearly the same exact thing as the 3rd gen ( i have that too) besides the click wheel. It is a bit slimmer though. :canadian:

umm, we know all about the 4g pod

@kurt: :jerkoff: , right now (im thinking of my 3g ipod)

Ok, i have renamed the I Got a Mac thread to "I Got Mac Hardware". Now, for all of you getting iPods, iSights, iMonkeys, iCombs, iBananas... etc... you post it here. Not in a new thread.

-------------------------

The Topic Have Been Merged

// Seph

i had heard that the 4th gen ipods werent coming out 'till sometime in Aug. and i was thinking that, at the apple site. u can already order them and itll come in 2-3 bussiness days. so i take it i can go get mine at the apple store, later on today?

nevermind, i just called the Apple Store. and they got them. my mom said she was gonna get it for me, but shes working and my dad doesnt get home 'till after 9. and they close at 9. so my only chance now is, that my bro puts it on his credit card and my parents pay him back. wish me luck guys