Followers 0

Aveiconifier2

142 posts in this topic

Nice app :)

I'm not able to right click to choose formats in the new version, though :(

*edit* nevermind had to wipe my cache first

>.<

Chris

Very nice! I downloaded the newer version, and everything's working okay for me.

This might be a bug- I dragged a bunch of .ico files to the PNG space (accidentally), and 1) The app froze for a short time (does it freeze for all batch conversions?), and 2) It didn't recognize that the icons were .ico's instead of .pngs

1) It doesn't freeze for all batch conversions. You'll see a nice progressbar.

2) Indeed, I have a bunch of ICOs that doesn't have a ICO extension but something like .pic or .icon ).

hey how can i get rid of that Ugly "AVEiconofier2 " text over the skin, dude it kind of ruins the Look of this Cool app, can you just add a menu or something and then add--> About. and so on and then we can click overthere to go to your site, cuz it looks so awful. cuz this is damn cool app. to have that ugly thing infront of everything :( .....

and Good job Ave !!! keep up the good Job

I JUST LOVE IT AVE, u did it again dude :lol:

It's an easy-to-use, nice and clean app... u r making our lifes much easier ;)

keep it up man :woot:

The application is great as usual, but I want to talk about soccer here. What happen to our belove team Holland the Orange. They nearly lost to German that day. So damn lucky that Ruud VN produce his magic the get the equaliser. I'm sure most of the supporter at your country is worried about this right?

Finally it works for me!

Thanks to AndreasV, it is awesome!

I have uninstall IconWorkshop, it is TRUE! :D

still the little suggestion: can you make this app always on top? cuz it will be much easier to drag-n-drop

It works well but the problem is when you convert to .png to .ico most icon sizes are distorted, like I know for sure 72x72 and 16x16 are and I think someone mentioned earlier other sizes are too. So I am wondering what is the problem? Hope it can be solved soon.

Football is not sport for individuallists. Football is a team sport, and Germany is a team. The Italians must go to Hollywood. :lol:

Originally posted by StefanKa@Jun 17 2004, 07:17 AM

Football is not sport for individuallists. Football is a team sport, and Germany is a team. The Italians must go to Hollywood. :lol:

:soccer: ;):D:lol::P You're damn right! :cheers: Let the "master" get his hands on our team fighters..

Mann muss ja nun echt mal zugeben dass das Team bei großen Turnieren über sich hinauswachsen kann. ..Und Rudi ist ja nun auch ein super schäfer! :D

..and i really like this app. It's faster to convert in this than in icon workshop.

Don't get the distorted icon problem but the alpha channel of the png isn't being converted properly to the icon. Perhaps that isn't implemented yet?

The application is great as usual, but I want to talk about soccer here. What happen to our belove team Holland the Orange. They nearly lost to German that day. So damn lucky that Ruud VN produce his magic the get the equaliser. I'm sure most of the supporter at your country is worried about this right?

Very worried, very worried. I hope we'll play with two strikers agains the Chechz.

still the little suggestion: can you make this app always on top? cuz it will be much easier to drag-n-drop

I take a look.

It works well but the problem is when you convert to .png to .ico most icon sizes are distorted, like I know for sure 72x72 and 16x16 are and I think someone mentioned earlier other sizes are too. So I am wondering what is the problem? Hope it can be solved soon.

Can you give me the original PNG file?

Don't get the distorted icon problem but the alpha channel of the png isn't being converted properly to the icon. Perhaps that isn't implemented yet?

It are 32bits icons, so there isn't a proper mask. Maybe that is what you might think its wrong? It shouldn't be a problem tho.

An error with the Luna Skins, I know this isn't your problem Ave, just thought I put it here as it's more likely to get noticed.

Note the Aqua Maximize symbol in top left.

Only happens with default.

Also, can you possibly make it so we can change the dialog colour, it's the only reason I haven't released a skin for your apps yet cause my skins have black backgrounds and I can't choose the text colour for the dialogs.

v. nice work, ridiculously useful. if you ever think of adding more features, and i don't know if this is possible, but one would be to allow the extraciton of .ico from .dll or .exe - just a suggestion.

keep it up!

Originally posted by Acaeris@Jun 17 2004, 05:42 PM

An error with the Luna Skins, I know this isn't your problem Ave, just thought I put it here as it's more likely to get noticed.

Note the Aqua Maximize symbol in top left.

Only happens with default.

:blink: Very strange, there is no maximize button in my skin (no image and no text line in skin.ini!)

Try to download the update version (go up ^)

Hey Ave, what do you think about a new layout?

AN EXPERIMENT (in CandyBar style)

In my one it has got a maximize image but no text in the ini for it.

Below is a screenshot of Black Panther for AveIconifier. I'd release it if it wasn't for the text.

In my one it has got a maximize image but no text in the ini for it.

Below is a screenshot of Black Panther for AveIconifier. I'd release it if it wasn't for the text.

WOW sexy! I'll add some code to make the text-color + font configurable in the ini.

@altoprofilo: I like the current layout :P

Okay, little update, just redownload.

This can be added to the skin.ini.

[texts]
fontColor= 0
fontSize= 10
fontName= Lucida Sans Unicode

[boxes]
fontColor=0
fontSize=8
fontName=Lucida Sans Unicode

Color goes from 0 (black) to 16777215 (white). Value = Red * 255 * 255 + Green * 255 + Blue.

Ave, It's not working, the text is still black, I can't change the size colour or anything. I updated with the one at the start of this thread, i've even cleared out everything but Firefox still downloads it in an instant. Is it opening the old version perhaps? If so how to I force Firefox to download the newer version.

Just now i had the time to use this app... fantastic Ave... really amazing and it did saved my life... i was in need to convert some SnowE² icons to PNG (to use with NeXplorer) and... tada!... so easy... the batch mode is amazing... in seconds i converted a biiiig list of icons. You are great... congratulation!

Definately the most brilliantly designed application we have had in a long time (No offense to any other developer on here I will explain my reasoning).

There are so few developers that create a program that is:

A.) Unbelievably easy to use.

B.) Perfectly configurable.

C.) Simple, clean and fast.

D.) Does what it says on the tin.

We need more apps like this, bring back Notepad and it's simple "I make text files(BIG FULL STOP)" methodoligy (?sp?)

any chance of a ProLCD skin ;)

great app, i get a broken icon look in thumbnail view though.. other wise the icons are fine :)

I agree, this is an amazing app. I've had some minor scalling issues at certain resolutions, but nothing to complain about. The antialiasing and alpha channel just fine and the batch is amazing!

The app also runs pretty fast even with over 50 - 100 icons to convert and has save me plenty of time as well.

Big fan of your work Ave. Thanks!

Thanks to pixelsmoke I fixed an error with calculating some pixeldata. Basically, this was the error:

http://mpj.tomaatnet.nl/icontrouble.gif

(source: pixelsmoke)

Everything has been corrected and the download has been updated, still the same link: http://mpj.tomaatnet.nl/Aveicon.zip

Again, Thanks to pixelsmoke for giving me details about this error. :rock:

On a side note, I am trying to implement ICNS support. Is there anyone that can provide me a sample ICNS file?

Post Edited.

Don't post huge images inline.

Please limit inline images to 500px wide and 375px high.

---------------

Stevie BM