Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[release] Avepreview Version 2

79 posts in this topic

Originally posted by DoubleD@Mar 29 2004, 10:31 PM

Isn't that stepping into the area of a image editing app? I use Avepreviewer just to look at pics - but move onto Photoshop for anything remotely serious. I'd rather have a fast and light previewer than be bogged down with non-essential features.

i totaly agree...

that was the error of ACDSEE, they made useless function that made the app completely unusable, loud and unstable... why do you think they came back to a previous based version for the lastest release??? :)

in my opinion the "select" function is useless but... if it doesn't make AP longer to launch then... :)

the reason i say that is that sometimes you want to just crop out a pic real quick, but exact size doesnt matter... or sometimes you want to see what it would look like cropped a little, and then you want to see what the origional would look like. These seem like small features that wouldnt take too much. If i am wrong about the difficulty or laod time involved with this, Ave, dont mess with these things

i tried the next button bug but all you have to do is drag any part that is visibile and you can see the avepreview reforming again no big problem with opening a new picture to solve it.

Windows picture and fax viewer just went out the window. Maybe you could add PDF support and maybe even real thumbnail view pop-out side thingy ( :woot: :woot: )

pdfsearch10082003.gif<----Popoutsidethingy

Windows picture and fax viewer just went out the window. Maybe you could add PDF support and maybe even real thumbnail view pop-out side thingy

I already looked into PDF-code. I can use the pdf.ocx file from Acrobat Reader, just like IE does, but that won't look very good.

man only if it were a bit more faster & flexible ,i would have made it mah default picture viewer

well ill hope for da best

more flexible??? what do you think by this???

i think it's not about skning flexibility you're talking about :P

for the speed of AP2, i think you can't really do better with this kind of app... you can not have a viewer with minimum features that run as fast as a viewer without features...

XP build in image viewer is a bit faster but there is no skining feature... tou'll have to choose :)

my choice is made!!! AvePreview rox!! :P

Its a cool app but the "minimum size bug" is really bugging me..

hopefully the fix will come soon...

Ok ive set all my images when clicked open with AvePreview 2 but for some reason, now their icon is Firefox icon O_o . Can somebody tell me how to fix this???

AndreasV : Great app!!!!

Just incase no-body knew...

If you have AvePreview in your dock hold down Ctrl (or Shift) and drag an image onto it to open it! :smartass:

Originally posted by DoubleD@Apr 11 2004, 09:50 AM

Just incase no-body knew...

If you have AvePreview in your dock hold down Ctrl (or Shift) and drag an image onto it to open it! :smartass:

old news, and you do not even need to hold down a button, just drag it onto. :P :smartass:

looks very nice. allow me to report a small bug. when I opened a small image (say 64X64) it was too small for AVpreview and the window got corrupt. BTW what's next, AV-image browser ?

oh no, I know : AV object : a complete solution for home and office use : edit documents, images and manage your files with all-in-1 !!!!

looks very nice. allow me to report a small bug. when I opened a small image (say 64X64) it was too small for AVpreview and the window got corrupt.

Known "feature".

BTW what's next, AV-image browser ?

Maybe :lol:

oh no, I know : AV object : a complete solution for home and office use : edit documents, images and manage your files with all-in-1 !!!!

I was more thinking of AveLife 1.0 or AveGoat :rolleyes:

Originally posted by AndreasV@Apr 19 2004, 03:44 AM

I was more thinking of AveGoat  :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see bug reports and feature requests for this one :blink:

Originally posted by Felix@Apr 7 2004, 03:29 PM

Ok ive set all my images when clicked open with AvePreview 2 but for some reason, now their icon is Firefox icon O_o . Can somebody tell me how to fix this???

AndreasV : Great app!!!!

i had the same problem, so i uninstalled firefox. problem solved ;)

[official statement]

GOATINO, Goatifornia—April 20, 2004—

Today Ave® officially announced GoatView (formerly know as AveGoat aka Ave IS a Goat). The new app will consist of a totally new, redesigned GOAT skinning engine and a fast image viewing engine known as H.O.R.N.S. .

GoatView will deliver a whole new experience to users when previewing images using their Goat. Beta testers are thrilled with it`s progress and are allready Goating around, astounded by it`s maginificence. Goat will be released as soon as Ave decides to do so, and stop goating around. :P

Ave ignited the personal computer revolution in 2003 with it's GoatDesk program and is a known goater and a well rounced Goat-programmer. He is known to be hanging around with Unbelievah and Sephah, and is a creator of such apps as GoatDesk (formerly AveDesk), GoatText (AveText) and a creator of many Goatlets ( known as Docklets).

Ave will continue to Goat around AS as long as you all get some cheese with your whine and enjoy the show.

Press Contacts:

Unbelievah

AveCorp.

(666) 1800-GOAT

unbelievah@avegoat.com

Disclaimer: No goat was goated during this goating. This is a fun post written to look like an Apple press release and as a thank you to Ave for writing me AveGoat. ;)

I have no idea what that means neither :rolleyes:

Maybe he has been peaching again <_<