Thank's for these ideas, here are some remarks:
1. May be it's a good idea. It's already possible to adjust angle and size of the dock with the mouse, but I don't know if anyone actually use these features.
2. Yes, a lot of .ini files are needed to save settings. I hate that but it's necessary for the use of plugins or docklets.
3. Why not,...
4. How ?
5. Removing taskbar is difficult to do and is not reliable. Also, some possibilities exists with the taskbar which are not actually implemented in XWD.
6. XWD actually support multiple display, and it's easy to move it on any monitor.
About the bugs:
1. I spent a lot of time to fix memory leaks. The amount of memory is mainly the fact of the icons and other bitmaps (allways uncompressed) which are put on the dock (visible or not).
2. Can you explain?
3. Can you tell me which are these "slow animations"