Xwindows Dock 5.6 Source Files

BOBAH13

Hello everybody!

I've decided to publish XWD sources. I must tell you at once, it will be rather difficult to understand my code, I was not so sure what to do when I've started the XWD project.

So, at first, you need Delphi 7 or greater. Then please, try to compile XWD build, and tell me if it ask you some files, I will publish them too.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

License:

XWindows Dock by Likhonos Vladimir is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

By Panta: CC license added.

XWD.zip

Edited by Panta
... Then please, try to compile XWD build, and tell me if it ask you some files, I will publish them too.

Hi Bobah - I get hung up on this line:

Sources in 'C:\Documents and Settings\Âëàäèìèð\Ðàáî÷èé ñòîë\Sources.pas';

Besides the obvious extended characters not reading right, I can't find "Sources.pas" in the current source package. That where I'm stuck!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Wow..I'm impressed of what I saw this morning when opened AS forum :o

Bobah gave to us all his work at XWD :o This is a great move for XWD , I see a great future of this project...and for this we all must THANKS to Bobah and never forget what he did to all us.

See you guys in the next versions of XWD...trust me...now let's improve Bobah's masterpiece ;)

Hi Bobah - I get hung up on this line:

Sources in 'C:\Documents and Settings\Âëàäèìèð\Ðàáî÷èé ñòîë\Sources.pas';

Besides the obvious extended characters not reading right, I can't find "Sources.pas" in the current source package. That where I'm stuck!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hey. I don't know what's it :) but try to open XWindowsDock.dpr and kill this line in Uses section ;)

Perhaps someone like Panta could be a sort of Project Lead... He could assemble a list of bugs/features, and people could volunteer to address specific items on the list. He could keep an updated list of what folks are working on what issues - a public list, of course, so that we can all see what is happening and what is in need of work.

Just a thought, and no, I'm not saying it has to be Panta - he just is obviously very dedicated to the program. It could be someone else, too. (not me, though - I am doing well just to find time to poke around the code... and try to learn Delphi 7 :) )

For those looking for a legal download of Delphi 7 (the first ones I stumbled across on google were NOT...) - look here:

http://delphifocus.blogspot.com/search/label/Delphi%207

I realized that the error message I was recieving was not about the "Sources.pas" file, but in fact "madExcept". Once I installed the packages from http://www.madshi.net/ , then I could move past it.

Now I have to figure out where "DirectDraw.dcu" comes from... :)

Well, that gets me one step further...

[Fatal Error] MacXDocklets.pas(6): File not found: 'XMLIntf.dcu'

I don't yet understand how Delphi determines the *.dcu files' existence... In the package I downloaded, there was no "DirectDraw.dcu", yet it worked! I'll figure it out soon enough, but in the meantime - thanks for pointing me/us in the direction of the packages we need!

(If there is anyone out there who's gotten significantly further along in this than me, then, blast it all - speak up! Make this easier on all of us!)

MacXFinder. It was a project I wanted to begin after XWD. But I couldn't. Exactly from this project, you can find these components. Telling the truth, if you really want to create a really cool dock with all what we know and may be much better, we must create a open source project, and together develop this dock. If you want, and somebody else, I can do this too with you in a free time like you do ;) I've got a new code for getting icons and many else ;) I've got ideas how to ogranize own graphic-core for the dock to use. It's the main feature that helps and make coding for the project just for fun :) If we release own graphic-core (we already know what we need for the dock) dock can simply use it.

See attached.

MacXFinder.zip

Wow! You are impressive.

Maybe you should change the license to a proper one, a software related one like GPL, Mozilla, MIT, etc... because I guess Creative Commons is mainly for non software, I mean, songs, poetry, drawing, articles, etc... correct me if I'm wrong.

And each source code file must be referenced to the license.

I wish I could help, but since I'm still learning I guess I won't do much. However, I will try as much as I can.

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...

I am madly glad what he saw today))) The fact that you published the source code can be only one to assume that проэкт will evolve with new force))

I had once written to you to the post on the site proposals for the development of the dock, now I think to gain ideas and posted them here)) may by anyone decides that they are healthy))

MacXFinder - I really liked this sketch))) I very much hope for its further development

P.S. sorry for my English, I know its bad. use google translate

I speak Russian