Artist's Comments

I found this on net and i thought it's worth presenting here.It works similar to StandaloneStack 2 but with Windows Aero style as you can see on the picture.

* In 7 and Vista, 7stacks uses Aero, making the stacks look like part of Windows itself.

* Browse subfolders within a stack, just like in OS X Snow Leopard.

* 3 different styles of stacks: Normal, Grid, and Menu

o Normal displays a stack of icons vertically, with a text description next to it.

o Grid displays a "squarish" grid of icons only; useful when displaying a large number of items like document folders.

o Menu displays a cascading menu of items, with a very small icon and a name next to it. Hover over subfolders to browse inside those folders.

* In Windows 7, create a new stack by right-clicking on any stack and selecting "Create New Stack" from the JumpList entry.

* In Menu mode, 7stacks doesn't even need to be in a toolbar. You can use it right from your desktop, or any other folder.

* Pin up to 10 different stacks on the Windows 7 taskbar

c47f946630876b41f0f21ff6d3ebc1e1.jpg

7stack download

Edited by paolo79
i love it thank you very much

I, in turn, thank you ahmadus, for your post in the standalone Stacks 2 forum.

I abandoned Circle Dock entirely for 7Stack. Circle Dock is very pretty, but it takes forever to load on my machine. It's unlikely that I would have discovered 7Stack anytime soon if not for your post.

I'm really liking 7Stack. Blends perfectly with Windows Vista. Incorporates the hue and transparency of Vista Aero.

Create Folders to groups of applications, folders, web browsers, you name it; save them to your hard drive.

Create a Folder to place your '7Stack shortcuts' in.

Create your Stacks with 7Stack; Create Shortcut on Desktop.

Cut and paste shortcut to '7Stack shortcuts'.

Right-click on the shortcut; Add to Quick Launch.

Click on Quick Launch shortcut.

An Aero Glass menu will appear over your Start Button containing all the shortcuts within your folder.

Simple, beautiful, and properly themed for Vista.

I do have a small beef, however. 7Stack doesn't seem to 'get it' for a bit. It seems that I must click on these shortcuts a few times, at first, before they will activate properly. It's akin to warming up a car on a cold winter's day. The car will fail to start the first few times, but, once you get the engine warmed up, the car will run smoothly henceforth. I'm sure that this is something that the makers of 7Stack are aware of, and working on, if not, I'll let them know.

Check out 7Stacks and help them debug it,

amethystzephyr