Bug Report Center For V5.6

Panta

Bugs specific to XWD version 5.6 should be posted here.

Please, only suspected/confirmed bugs should be posted at this thread.

Supporters are encouraged to try helping other users but, please, try to stick to supporting, rather than commenting. ;)

Edited by Panta
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if this is a bug or what or if this is the place to say it, but has anyone noticed when you add a custom stacks icon, the icon is squished? it's not as wide as previous versions. every other icon is normal, including the icons IN the stack. just the actual stack icon is weird.

and i'm using the same custom icons in both versions.

screens:

finder icon in 5.4

finder icon in 5.6

post-82394-1233425788_thumb.jpg

post-89-1233425788_thumb.jpg

not sure if this is a bug or what or if this is the place to say it, but has anyone noticed when you add a custom stacks icon, the icon is squished? it's not as wide as previous versions. every other icon is normal, including the icons IN the stack. just the actual stack icon is weird.

screens:

finder icon in 5.4

finder icon in 5.6

if all icons are good :) than and my computer icon must be good too. Because all of them are painted by the same code :)

DockletAPI:

Bobah, I think the Mouse Pos. forwarded in function X_OnExec(Index: Integer; X, Y: Integer): Boolean; is not correct.

I added ShowMessage('x:'+InttoStr(x)+' y:'+InttoStr(y)); to one of my docklets, and i got x:669 y:275. This point lay clearly out of the dock, certainly out of the Icon. :( Or am I doing/expecting something wrong, here?

DockletAPI:

Bobah, I think the Mouse Pos. forwarded in function X_OnExec(Index: Integer; X, Y: Integer): Boolean; is not correct.

I added ShowMessage('x:'+InttoStr(x)+' y:'+InttoStr(y)); to one of my docklets, and i got x:669 y:275. This point lay clearly out of the dock, certainly out of the Icon. :( Or am I doing/expecting something wrong, here?

Also, try to use GetYOffset: function: Integer stdcall of object; I think then if you sum y and GetYOffset you should get ScreenHeight if your y = 0 :) I think you understand me, I don't quite remember about these function.

Also, try to use GetYOffset: function: Integer stdcall of object; I think then if you sum y and GetYOffset you should get ScreenHeight if your y = 0 :) I think you understand me, I don't quite remember about these function.

I attached a screenshot. You see my whole desktop (1280x800), the mousepointer (at about 656:764), and the values i get (656:275 from OnExec, 0:800 from GetXOffset(), GetYOffset()). I don't see how I can calculate the y-position of the mouse on the icon out of this. The mouse-Position on the screen can i get more easy with Mouse.CursorPos().

post-90085-1233433842_thumb.jpg

screens:

finder icon in 5.4

finder icon in 5.6

Yes, I find this a problem too. The icons are stretched vertically in 5.6 in stacks

I have a bug with the Gallery that seem to happen randomly on my tree computers they have different hardward and configuration.

When I open the gallery and move around images the dock freeze and all my windows on my destop freeze too. I have to kill the process of Xwindows Dock to regain control of my desktop.

It occurred on version 5.4 and 5.6, I was wondering if anybody else have this bug, because it happened to me on many computers?

I still have the bug of taking focus but not giving it back to the previous window :0 Or should this be a request? (kinda confused sry)
I see this as a bug too. XWD shouldn't steal focus until the moment the user actually clicks at something inside it (as OD/OD+ does).
I attached a screenshot. You see my whole desktop (1280x800), the mousepointer (at about 656:764), and the values i get (656:275 from OnExec, 0:800 from GetXOffset(), GetYOffset()). I don't see how I can calculate the y-position of the mouse on the icon out of this. The mouse-Position on the screen can i get more easy with Mouse.CursorPos().

So you can try GetRect and then X = X - Left, Y = Y - Top. Okay, in the next realese I'll make it as default.

I've noticed that my pictures in my stack (Gallery) don't load as quickly as they did in 5.4. When I scroll through slowly, the next pictures don't load until I stop scrolling.

In 5.4, the next picture would load almost instantly as I would slowly scroll through. I didn't have to stop scrolling for the next picture(s) to load.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've noticed that my pictures in my stack (Gallery) don't load as quickly as they did in 5.4. When I scroll through slowly, the next pictures don't load until I stop scrolling.

In 5.4, the next picture would load almost instantly as I would slowly scroll through. I didn't have to stop scrolling for the next picture(s) to load.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

It was needed for optimization your memory and cpu

Hey guys XWindws Dock is amazing - i love the stack animations the most ... just amazing work.

I got couple of things i wanted to say that i don't think work as well as they could.

I am using XWD 5.6 with windows vista 64 bit ...

First of all xwd doesn't play nicely with multiscreen setup...

i have dual screen setup and as you know one of the screens is set as primary and the second as ....well.... secondary....

some programs i use open in the secondary screen by default because they remember the way i used them last time... HOWEVER when xwd is running, these programs suddenly don't remember the last position anymore ....

and that is annoying because ihave to manually move the window to the other screen every time i use the program..

the second one is not really a bug but .... well any icons that i haven't manually replaced with my own just look awful in resolutions more than 48x48 pix.... the same with stack generated icons ... if i take a high resolution png image and replace all the icons in the stack it looks alright but the ones xwd generates itself just look all blurry and stuff... i just wonder whether this is because of windows limitations... ???

It was needed for optimization your memory and cpu

I liked it much better, before, too. I don't care about some MB Ram, or some % CPU. Gallery is just half as much fun to use, as it was in v5.4. I have to wait move my mouse, stop it (so the images start to load), then move it again, the stop it, wait again,... Doesn't make browsing images a joy...

I liked it much better, before, too. I don't care about some MB Ram, or some % CPU. Gallery is just half as much fun to use, as it was in v5.4. I have to wait move my mouse, stop it (so the images start to load), then move it again, the stop it, wait again,... Doesn't make browsing images a joy...

I agree. I prefer it the way it was in 5.4. I haven't really noticed any performance issues when using XWD or specifically, when scrolling through the Gallery and I'm running XWD on a single-core 1.73 GHZ with 1.5 GB RAM.

Let's not turn this into a feature request thread inside the bug report one, folks... this clearly isn't a bug but rather a design decision, as explained by bobah!

That said, what about a topic at the request thread asking for v5.4 behavior as an option? I'd vote for that... ;)