Gdi++

Hi guys,

Just having a few problems setting up GDI++. Specifically, after installing it and trying to enable it I get an error message from the system tray saying "Could not load gdi++.dll". Could anyone shed any light on this situation? As I've searched high and low including on here for a solution but as far as I can see there are none, and I don't consider myself that good with Chinese/Japanese. THIS is what my GDI++ folder looks like, and it was setup using Ojalord's installer (some files I added myself from other builds to try different instances). I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2, and the usual stuff, such as Flyakite, Findexer, Windowblinds, Objectbar, etc.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Just having a few problems setting up GDI++. Specifically, after installing it and trying to enable it I get an error message from the system tray saying "Could not load gdi++.dll". Could anyone shed any light on this situation? As I've searched high and low including on here for a solution but as far as I can see there are none, and I don't consider myself that good with Chinese/Japanese. THIS is what my GDI++ folder looks like, and it was setup using Ojalord's installer (some files I added myself from other builds to try different instances). I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2, and the usual stuff, such as Flyakite, Findexer, Windowblinds, Objectbar, etc.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers.

I also have the same problem and I'm lost too and don't know what to do :(

Update

I have managed to run GDI++ by using shortcut arguments, loading, for example, gdi++.exe with firefox.exe on the shortcut target line. This runs perfectly. However, it can only work with a few apps, and not with the entire system. Is there any way around this, so I can get it to work with explorer.exe etc.? Or am I stuck with the few apps that are available to shortcut? Again, any help would be appreciated, as search engines aren't proving useful, and are translating into utter rubbish!

What version are you using? You might want to uninstall and try the version of GDI++ linked to at http://avemuri.wordpress.com/2008/08/06/gd...font-rendering/

I got mine there and it is working in all apps

Dude, that's awesome thanks. Not got chance to have a full bash at it yet, but thanks alot! I'll edit this when I've had time to play around with it.

EDIT:

So after having a go with the injector tool, I found out gdi++ still wasn't working on that, so I swapped the exe from an older version from a previous folder into the one that you recommended. The injector works, but unfortunately gditray STILL won't run. After further research I have now found that gditray, and newer versions of gdi++ only support SSE2 and SSE3 processors (mine is still only a 1.8ghz SSE). So all of you with SSE processors who are trying to load gdi++ via gditray will have to revert back to either the shortcut method or the injection method (which only takes a few seconds after logging in), or buy a new processor, which is a pretty daft idea just for font rendering anyway.

• 7 months later...
Dude, that's awesome thanks. Not got chance to have a full bash at it yet, but thanks alot! I'll edit this when I've had time to play around with it.

EDIT:

So after having a go with the injector tool, I found out gdi++ still wasn't working on that, so I swapped the exe from an older version from a previous folder into the one that you recommended. The injector works, but unfortunately gditray STILL won't run. After further research I have now found that gditray, and newer versions of gdi++ only support SSE2 and SSE3 processors (mine is still only a 1.8ghz SSE). So all of you with SSE processors who are trying to load gdi++ via gditray will have to revert back to either the shortcut method or the injection method (which only takes a few seconds after logging in), or buy a new processor, which is a pretty daft idea just for font rendering anyway.

Hi Can you explain how do you get it to work with SSE? I don't really understand, thank u.

• 3 months later...