XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

head01.jpghead02.jpg

Options

1. Support languages ("Languages*.xml")
  2. Support skins ("ToolsXSkinMaker.exe and Config.txt") also you can get images from "SkinsCurrent*.png"
  3. Start with windows
  4. Can edit file's types for sort them, such as: Video, Audio, Picture, Text
  5. Transparency of icon's reflection 0..100%
  6. Icon's size 32..100 pixels
  7. Icon's size when mouse is over 32..100 pixels
  8. Maximum icons in stack 8..18
  9. Space between reflection and icon -5..5
  10. Transparency of panel 0..100%
  11. Panel will hide in 0..3600 seconds
  12. Space between panel and screen 0..100 pixels
  13. Space between icons 0..10
  14. Show indicators of applications in system
  15. Hide stack when it's deactivated
  16. Minimize windows into the dock. It supports 2 effects: Default and Genie. Also you can change speed for minimize them
  17. Reaction to change directory. So when directory'll be changed dock's item jump or not. You can set options, such as: Added, Removed, Modified, Renamed
  18. Option to change position of dock. Above all windows or not
  19. Change icon's size of stack's grid ( 70-150 pixels )
  20. Option to show item's shadow
  21. Option to change position of dock on top when mouse is over
  22. 2 methods what do when icon was droped out. You can use: create link or poof.

Cans

1. Add

1. File. Select some file(s) in dialog from you PC and then it'll be added into the dock.
    2. Directory. It sames File.
    3. Separator. It's a break among dock's items.
    4. Stack. You can create private stack or publish. In private you can add everything what you want. Publish stack, you can't change, because it joins Explorer direcotry.
    5. Can add speacially directories, such as: My computer, Control panel and Trash. You can work at trash as when you work at original one.
    6. If you have docklets created for this dock, you can add them too.

7. Add into stack. This option looks like the Add.

8. Edit. You can change item's icon, caption, command line, work directory, parameters.
    9. Delete. This is a simple option.

10. Stack
      1. Sort. You can select method for sort stack's items. Name, Date (Changed, Created, Accessed) and Kind. It sorts by kind using option "File Types", where you wrote your file types extensions.
      2. View. It shows how you would like to view stack. When you select Auto, the dock select Fan or Grid alone or you also can use Menu method.
      3. Stack's icon. It's a very interesting option. Here you can set some icon which will be showed over the stacks, onto the dock. You can see some icons in "SkinsBox*.png"

[*]Drag & Drop into the dock and out.

[*]Move items among them.

[*]Preview of item which is moving over the dock

[*]Support hover item for stack's grid

[*]About. This option shows about developers and people who helped with this dock.

So when you decided make skin for XWindows Dock, you should know it:

XSkinMaker version 2.5

name; size ( Width x Height pixels ) ; Can use transparency ( ALPHA - channel );

• Break 14x40 Yes
  • Close 48x48 No
  • Left ?x40 No
  • Middle ?x40 No
  • Right ?x40 No
  • ControlPanel ?x? ?
  • MyComputer ?x? ?
  • Recycler ?x? ?
  • RecyclerFull ?x? ?
  • StackOn ?x? ?
  • StackOff ?x? ?
  • Poof ?x? ?

Where you can see "?" it's mean that you can use what you want.

Futures news won't be publish here because the site to support this dock will be started as soon as it's done

post-89-1221973163_thumb.jpg

post-87061-1221973163_thumb.jpg

post-89-1221973164_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it, works very beautiful, congratulations! :D

I would like to see in the next version the poof effect when dragging out an icon from the dock, It would be great to add a file path for png icons to change the item's icons to be smoother, I can't wait for the window reflection :D and some other minor fixes would be great..

good work buddy, keep going forward

Thanks :) here it is language's source ( .dll ). It must be in a new version. I use pascal and I ask you translate it into other languages. It's already translated into english and russian. If you translated it, please send me new pas file, my mail bobah_uk@mail.ru :) thanks

I'll publish a new file of language with a new strings there. Because I have got new ideas, thanks for you :)

Why do you want to use docklets of other docks ?

1. The trash docklet made for YZ Dock (used in RKLauncher) has a context menu that has access to Norton.

2. MSN Messenger

3. Network Bandwith Docklet

4. Volume Docklet

5. Printer Docklet

6.Mail Docklet.

I could go on and on but what it comes down to is for me the thing I find the most useful from the dock is the docklets. Also there has been a lot of work put into docklets by developers. I dont think you would want to code all of the things you could get from docklets into your dock by yourself. There will come a day when you no longer wish to develope for this dock when that day comes others might still want to develope docklets for it.

That I believe is what keeps docks moving right along.