Time Capsule Disk auto mount on startup?

I have two macs and want the time capsule disk to automatically connect/mount on the desktop startup.

I keep all my wallpapers (among with other shared resources) on this drive and want to be able to use it just like a external hard drive always connected.

Its annoying having to manually connect to the drive each time by going network>timecapsule or go>connect to server...

Its also very annoying clicking on time machine icon and having to wait for a progress bar to "connect to server".

+ My background/wallpaper always reverts back to Leopard's default because the wallpaper cant be found on startup (because the drive is not yet mounted).

Im running Leopard 10.5, the latest airport drivers and have both an iMac and Macbook Pro that I wish to use with the Time Capsule disk.

I did a google search... trying to work out how to automatically mount the time capsule disk, but with no luck... Found a few handy forum links but most automator startup scripts tried resulted in "this disk cannot be found", and the user login items method just results in an annoying window opening...

Suggestions?

• 5 months later...

Yeah, that's actually really easy. Time Capsule runs a Samba server and an AFS (Apple File Sharing) server in the background. You can connect to it using the "Connect to Server" feature in the Finder. I assume you've already used the Airport Setup Utility to configure your Time Capsule for file sharing. If not, do that first.

Then, use the Finder's "Connect to Server" feature:

Finder > Go > Connect to Server

Next, enter the address of your Time Capsule's AFS server in this format:

afs://192.168.1.1

When you click "connect" it will prompt you for a username and password. Use the login information that you entered when you set up your Time Capsule. A finder window will appear, giving you access to the Time Capsule's disk.

Depending on which version of OS X you're running, it may or may not have put an icon on your desktop for the mounted disk. You can fix this by checking the "Connected Servers" checkbox in: Finder > Preferences > General

To make it mount the disk automatically every time you log in, add a login item to your account. Go to:

System Preferences > Accounts

Click on your user and select the "Login Items" tab. Click the plus sign to add a login item and choose the Time Capsule Volume you just mounted.

That's it. Good luck!

• 3 months later...
I have two macs and want the time capsule disk to automatically connect/mount on the desktop startup.

I keep all my wallpapers (among with other shared resources) on this drive and want to be able to use it just like a external hard drive always connected.

Its annoying having to manually connect to the drive each time by going network>timecapsule or go>connect to server...

Its also very annoying clicking on time machine icon and having to wait for a progress bar to "connect to server".

+ My background/wallpaper always reverts back to Leopard's default because the wallpaper cant be found on startup (because the drive is not yet mounted).

Im running Leopard 10.5, the latest airport drivers and have both an iMac and Macbook Pro that I wish to use with the Time Capsule disk.

I did a google search... trying to work out how to automatically mount the time capsule disk, but with no luck... Found a few handy forum links but most automator startup scripts tried resulted in "this disk cannot be found", and the user login items method just results in an annoying window opening...

Suggestions?

No problem u just creat a network first with ur time capsul then go to system preference then network chose ur time capsul in a prefer network and put ur time machine at login items and restart ur computer and enjoy.

post-99923-1239952438_thumb.png