DExposE Expose Clone

============================== UPDATE : 01.01.2009 ===============================

DExposE2 Final - Expose Clone

------------- for VISTA AND XP BOTH --------------

********** [ New Version : build 28.12.2008 ] **********

Actively developed here (look for new versions here) :-

[ DExposE2 Home Page : http://devrexster.googlepages.com/dexpose2 ]

ALL BUGS OF EARLIER VERSION HAVE BEEN FIXED

NEW FEATURES:

* Cycle thru previews (pgup, pgdn)

* Quick DExposE - just loads and then exits, doesnt stay loaded in memory

* Task Switcher menu available thru tray icon context menu.

PREVIOUS FEATURES LIST:

Interactivity with previews

Live updating

Hotcorners and Hotkey Support

Settings control

Window previews are pristine and clear

Desktop shown in background

Hiding all open windows by pressing F11

FOCUSing on apps separately in exposed mode.

Typing while in exposed state

Multimonitor Support (xpsp2 tested)

Multilanguage support

Taskbars ,sidebars,docks are shown during exposing.

Refresh window previews in exposed state

Installer is professionally programmed.

Newer icons courtesy somziru0a@live.com

Slow-Motion DExposE feature (i.e if u like the animation) and some more

and many more! New screenshot is attached .... Hope u like.

post-73644-1203680418_thumb.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YaY! Something that works with Blend!!

Great Work man! That was really such a nice of thing of you to actually try to come up with a way for us to use both emulation programs.

Although i guess we would all love it more if it looked like your Big Bro's (he he) Expose Program.

but even still great work....

kith

You've added animation and stuff that I don't really need. I don't much bother about live previews and such and you need to keep version two running all the time. The first was just the really minimal kind of app that did what you needed and went. Anyway, this is a nice effort, it's just that if I wanted bells and whistles I'd simply use one of the more developed expose clones (like Matonga's) :)

Plus I had some installation issues. On ly 1 file in the "system" folder and I don't know what that Basic.exe was supposed to do (it did nothing, lol). And everytime I ran the exe, there was some randomlike error (I don't remember, so don't ask me,:P). Plus, I don't like apps I have to install, ;)

so devrexster, could you make the next release a portable (non-installer) version?

I've held off trying this program out but I've been interested since seeing your thread and so will probably try it in the near future. but if there was a way to choose to enable the 'bells and whistles" then folks could have it both ways. I actually enjoy eyecandy that does not hinder from it's usability. So if animations tie the expose functions together to give the illusion of a seamless transition from windows UI to expose and back, i'm all for it. If it's stuff like flippng a window on it's X/Y axis while exposing, then not so good. Kinda unnecessary. If animations exist like 'physics' added to give windows a snap or a bounce before settling on an Expose, then it's acceptable to me since it's attempting to provide visual cues that the mind can relate to thus making use of the function more 'natural'

btw, it'd be nice if you posted a changelog or version read me, esp if you plan on continuing development. If you already have at winmatrix, then I apologize, I'll get over there soon enough and check it out.

hi, firecracker,

My i.q.= 0.1 out of 200

so some things u r saying going so high over my head cant see them :(

care to expose a little further?

in form of feature requests and that sort.The 2nd release has very smooth animations.

However if u require to turn off animations altogether then just ask me.

It just needs to be initialized that way, just a small exe would do it

like the "Basic.exe" that u will see in the 2nd version download.

It is in form of such exe' s that I intend to control the settings. :)

just download the package ,u will understand everything.

so devrexster, could you make the next release a portable (non-installer) version?

meaning, keep all the settings within the application folder and keep the program 'portable' ~ leaves no trace on the computer were the app's directory to be deleted. Also, could run off a USB Memory Stick.

I've held off trying this program out but I've been interested since seeing your thread and so will probably try it in the near future. but if there was a way to choose to enable the 'bells and whistles" then folks could have it both ways.

simply, provide settings in the options window to disable certain visual eye-candy.

I actually enjoy eyecandy that does not hinder from it's usability. So if animations tie the expose functions together to give the illusion of a seamless transition from windows UI to expose and back, i'm all for it.

As examples:

~ smooth animations without flickering, etc.

~ window animations that could seamlessly transition between functions of your program, for instance, animated transition from 'Expose ALL Open Windows' to only the windows of Similar Applications (only excel windows,) and back to ALL Windows, etc.

If it's stuff like flippng a window on it's X/Y axis while exposing, then not so good. Kinda unnecessary.

I believe TopDesk can animate windows to flip around as you are exposing windows. It's rather unnecessary but they provide that as an option to enable or disable.

If animations exist like 'physics' added to give windows a snap or a bounce before settling on an Expose, then it's acceptable to me since it's attempting to provide visual cues that the mind can relate to thus making use of the function more 'natural'

Think of the Linux Compiz Expose functionality. During the animation, windows may slightly spring/bounce before settling on the expose screen. A visual emulation of acceleration and deceleration characteristics. These types of eye-candy are fine by me.

btw, it'd be nice if you posted a changelog or version read me, esp if you plan on continuing development. If you already have at winmatrix, then I apologize, I'll get over there soon enough and check it out.

I hope this helps :)

Whoops thats what i call an explanation

Thank u soooooo much firecracker :D

have a look here:

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17295

it is the latest build and i have tried to

keep compatibility with both xp & vista

this sensing of your os and working accordingly

is not possible (atleast in my knowledge) when u r

using the logics i used for my app

And I dont see any other expose clones ( at this moment )

which can work both on xp as well as vista.

Infact expose in vista requires so strenous hours of programming

that i think most are not going to take the bull by its head.

(for example: "Switcher" is an expose clone for vista which

works only when aero is available ( read: not on vista basic) WHICH

infact has been achieved by DExposE2 , AND which requires the help of the installer)

so from my point of view its better to use an installer which infact

"Leaves no trace" when u uninstall the app.

but if u really like DExposE2 dont worry! :)

if I get enough requests, I may try my hand at a portable version.

but still I think it will have to be two separate ones , one for xp and another for

Vista.

hmm.. you may indeed need to consider having a portable version for only XP and an installer for Vista.

It's not that big of deal for me if it's portable. I like portable apps and prefer them over installers but it's not an absolute requirement for me. However, it is nice when you are following development of an application that's being updated frequently and in 'beta' stage, that the program does not require an installer as you can just delete the folder and launch the new build each time. With an installer, people get jittery with the multiple updates that need to happen with each release, I guess.

I understand that TopDesk is both a Portable app AND works with XP & Vista basic. Other than that, I do not know if an expose clone that does what yours and TopDesk does for both Operating Systems.

by the way, your post over at winmatrix sounds exciting. I'm suprised your thread isn't getting more action over here. You should edit your first comment and post a screenshot of your newest build, and maybe a screenshot of your Options window.

Happy programming devrexster! And thanks for doing this :)

I was thinking about a new thread ?!

should I do it or not I dont know!

actually I am so new to these forums that I dont know the norms

but i want to inform people about the functionalities of this new expose clone

which infact gives much more features than any till date

( i dont think topdesk gives interactive windows and mine IS FREE )

infact it would be better if someone else posted a thread about it to let people know :)

and looked after the thread. i am here only so no problem about querries from anyone.

coz I am turning out to be messy in these posting and threading :(

you don't need a new thread. The title's pretty clear. I think some screenshots would be well received. A news poster will come around soon enough. maybe.

Oh, and simply post a link to the download (your deviantart entry.)

Ya firecracker, did what u said

Hope the news gets across to the community

thanks a bunch :D

I had an opportunity to try your application out. I like it so far :)

I have one suggestion up front though.

Can you implement hotkey support? Being able to assign a key combination or press F9 for instance, to expose windows would encourage me test this out more. The reason is, I use stroke-it (mouse gestures) and map them to, for instance F9 and can activate the expose funtion thusly. It will provide users more ways of using your program conveniently.

Thanks in advance for considering this suggestion.

Leon