Multi-Plugin 2.5 for iTunes 7

v251.png

Click the image to download, or use a previous installer with Web Update.

21/1/2007 - Changes in version 2.5.1:

1. Fixed some Foobar2000 passthrough issues.

2. Updated the Amora skin scrollbars.

3. Replaced the green iTunes note icons with blue ones.

Changes in version 2.5.0:

1. A LOT of bug fixes. I can't event count them.

If Multi-Plugin didn't work for you before, you should definately try it now.

2. Vista compatibility. Some features might still not work in Vista, but generally, it works.

3. Added iPod Hebrew support for all the iPods except the 2G iPod nano.

4. Added an option to allow downgrading iPod software.

5. Added Preview button in the Colorize dialog.

6. Many skins are included.

A couple of notes to skin developers:

1. So far, very few skins had the progress bar glitch fix included.

Don't be lazy, just copy the necessary images from the Mac OSX skin.

2. Please check if your skins look good after colorizing, and if some elements look wierd, use the NoColorize option in SkinData.ini to exclude them from colorizing.

3. Don't forget to check compatibilty with both left side and right side buttons.

For those who don't know Multi-Plugin, I'll repost the full feature list:

Appearance Options

Skins:

You may choose a skin from the list or choose the default skin.

You may also change the color of your skin using the Colorize button.

If you want to refresh the current skin, you may press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S in iTunes.

Credits to the following skinners for making the included skins:

deelo - Black Glacier

kavin - Milk

Thrica Network - Aqua

ToNeR - AquaSE, Cerebro, Cold, InspiratSE, LiTunes, Royal Inspirat SE, SuMa

xizor227 - Amora

Hide the menu:

To resemble the look of iTunes in Mac OSX, you may hide the menu.

To use it again, you can press Alt+F in iTunes, or just click it's previous location.

Also, if you use Stardock ObjectBar, you can use the iTunes menu from there.

Change main iTunes font or title font:

You may enter a font name in the edit box, and it will change the font according to it.

The title font can only be changed if a skin other than "Default" is selected.

Don't show main window in the taskbar and the Alt+Tab window:

Using this option will hide the main window from the Alt+Tab window.

You can choose to hide it always or only when in Mini Player.

Change main window opacity:

Using this option you can make the main window semi-transparent.

Use the slider to set the opacity level you want.

You can choose to change the opacity always or only when in Mini Player.

Note: Selecting this option will make the main window draw faster, even if the slider is set to 100%.

Disallow uppercase titles in the Source Pane:

Using this option you can make those titles normal (eg. Library instead of LIBRARY).

Current Track Options

Change the main window title according to the playing track:

You may change the title of the iTunes main window while a track is being played.

Formatting tags (listed in the help file) are supported.

Copy track information to the clipboard when a track starts playing:

If you check this option, track information, in the format you specify using formatting tags, will be copied to the clipboard when a track starts playing.

Create a file with information about the current track:

Using this option will create a file named CurrentTrack.txt in your iTunes installation folder when a track starts playing.

Export artwork from the current track to a file:

Using this option will create a file named CurrentArtwork.jpg in your iTunes installation folder when a track starts playing.

This file will contain the artwork of the currently playing track.

Note: The file is called CurrentArtwork.jpg, but it's not necessarily a JPEG file. Most programs recognize the image type by it's content, so that should not lead to any problems and it will remove the need for detecting the extension of the file.

Compatibility Options

Allow WindowFX to add a shadow to iTunes:

Usually, Stardock WindowFX does not add a shadow to iTunes. Using this option changes this.

Make programs recognize iTunes as Winamp:

Many programs can get the current track name and artist from Winamp only. Using this feature, iTunes will be recognized as Winamp by most of those programs.

Fix media keys functionality:

Many keyboards have player control keys which don't work well with iTunes. This option may fix the problem.

If one mode doesn't work, try choosing another one. Different keyboards react differently to the modes.

Allow downgrading iPod software:

If already have the latest iPod software and want to reinstall it without restoring your iPod, you may use this option.

iPod Hebrew Support:

You may use this option if you want your iPod to display hebrew.

To use it, select select the checkbox and update your iPod software. If you already have the latest version, you may enable the option to allow downgrading iPod software.

Other Options

Don't create Unknown Album folders:

If you consolidate your library and let iTunes organize your music folder, iTunes will make a folder named "Unknown Album" in the Artist folder for tracks that have no Album tag.

Using this option prevent's iTunes from creating those folders and makes it place such files directly in the Artist folder.

Suppress the scripting warning message:

If you have used scripts that interact with iTunes, you may have noticed the warning message that appears when you try to close iTunes and there is a script still running.

Using this option will make that message not to appear.

Note: If you use this option, do not close iTunes when a script is changing track information or does any other writing operations. Doing so will probably result in corrupt files in your iTunes Library.

Change the full screen visual effects resolution:

By default, iTunes lowers the resolution in full screen visual effects for better performance.

You may change this behavior using this option.

Enable memory saving when minimized to tray:

If you enable this option, along with the "Minimize iTunes window to system tray" feature found in the Advanced tab of the Preferences dialog, the amount of memory iTunes is using will drop significantly when you minimize iTunes.

Foobar2000 passthrough:

Using this option will make iTunes play sound through the Foobar2000 engine.

You must have Foobar2000 0.9 or higher for it to work.

This feature improves the sound quality, but it has several limitations:

1. Foobar2000 will not run simultaneously with iTunes when this option is enabled.

2. All the iTunes sound processing features will do nothing as long as this option is enabled.

You may include |No Foobar2000| in the Comments tag of a track to force it to play using the default engine.

This way it's possible to play tracks from the Music Store while Foobar2000 passthrough is enabled.

Don't stop playing when iTunes is being closed:

By default, closing iTunes stops the current track from playing.

With Foobar2000 passthrough enabled, you may change this behavior.

Note that only one track will continue playing - not the whole playlist.

EvilLyrics Integration:

If you have EvilLyrics installed, you will have a "Find Lyrics" option when you right click a track.

If you have liked this program, you may donate money to it's author by clicking the Donate button in the preferences dialog, or by navigating to the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=loca...rrency_code=USD

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm more interested in the 3rd change. it's a shame i can't try this out since i'm at work, but correct me if i'm wrong, i'll be able to downgrade to version 6 of itunes, and not lose any data information from my library?

It has nothing to do with iTunes downgrades.

This feature is about downgrading the iPod firmware.

Thx for the update localhost

Btw, Amora scrollbar skinning not working with 2.5...Is it skin problem?

Yes.

Neat, I have to ask, does this still experience the crashing bug when trying to sync with an iPod with a lot of songs?

I also notice the 'Suppress the scripting warning message' is broken in 7.0.2.16

It's fixed.

I'll look into it.

Localhost ,

I've waited a long time for this.

This morning while I was driving my car I was looking for a one of my Hebrew tracks that I havn't translated to English ... of course my ipod was showing blank.

I was thinking to myself ... will Localhost ever going to finish working on this thing ... and Shazam !

Unfortunatly though :( ...

I've been getting this error message :

"An error has occured while trying to download Hebrew ipod software.

ipod software without Hebrew support will be installed. "

Here is what I went through: Installed the new multi-plugin. Enabled Hebrew support and the rollback option. Connected my ipod. Clicked yes for installing ver. 1.2.1 . Clicked yes for hebrew support. ... got the error message. Went through it 3 times just to be sure .

Please advise .

By the way , love the other new features, it all looks very cool ! Nice work !

Respect

nrossow - What skin problems? You mean the Amora skin? it's developer needs to fix it. You can do it manually, but it's a bit complicated.

tbowie - It will never work in XP due to the OS limitations. It works fine in Vista though.

Kayufa - I've just tested it here, with a 5.5G iPod, and it works. Make sure you have a direct connection to the internet, it won't download if you need a proxy.