OSX Leopard Beta

OSX Leopard Beta by dobee

About

• OSX Leopard theme for WindowBlinds with Per-Pixel borders
  • For OSX and non-OSX users who want the look of OSX on Windows

Features

• 3 styles: Pinstripe, Pinstripe RC (Right caption buttons), and Pinstripe with finder taskbar
  • Includes Per-Pixel borders with shadows and transparent menu's

Installation Tips (optional)

• Delete ALL Lucida Grande fonts in the windows fonts folder(don't forget to back them up first) before applying this theme, the fonts needed for this theme will be applied automatically via WindowBlinds.
  • Enable cleartype

Requests Pending....

• Unified, Safari, Brushed, and Classic/OS9 styles still to be added...
  • Graphite Versions
  • No spotlight option

Download @ DA

***09/12/06 Bug Test and Request Release(Beta 1)***

Please report all bugs, requests, likes and dislikes...

i would definitely agree with changing it

it took me by surprise when i first clicked on the apple - it's too chunky and doesn't really take its cues from the rest of the skin [which is fabulous]

one thing i have noticed is that some popups [warnings and the like] are horizontally oversized - compared to other skins anyway

only noticed it on a couple tho

of course i won't be able to properly judge it till i get my hands on the graphite version :)

One of my only gripes with it, there aren't those 1 pixel wide semi-transparent borders around windows like there were on your Tiger V Beta.

Another is the font size of the window title bars. I think it's a bit too big, many window titles get cut off on the bottom because it's so big.

Also, windows like the control panel windows look very plain. Like there's no b/g for them and it's just plain.

Other than that it looks pretty sweet! The start menu looks very nice, and the brushed does seem pretty out of place.

@AppleThink The scrollbars look fine to me. If you're talking about the pattern of the blue, it's supposed to be like that.

i agree that the titlebar font is a bit too big

some strange behaviour i have noticed tonite is firefox loading without the skin [ie just the default windows style]

restarting firefox doesn't correct it and reapplying the skin sporadically corrects it

however, if i apply a different skin firefox picks up the skin immediately and allows me to reapply osx leopard

i don't have any exceptions for firefox in windowblinds

i can't speak for any other apps as i haven't used that many since trying your skin

i would definitely agree with changing it

it took me by surprise when i first clicked on the apple - it's too chunky and doesn't really take its cues from the rest of the skin [which is fabulous]

Yeah, I'm changing it... thought it was a cool idea at the time, but I noticed it was kinda weird when I submitted it

i agree that the titlebar font is a bit too big

Another is the font size of the window title bars. I think it's a bit too big, many window titles get cut off on the bottom because it's so big.

K will do...

Also, windows like the control panel windows look very plain. Like there's no b/g for them and it's just plain.

I'll look into that...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like the skin, there is only one problem I have, I use WinRoll to roll the window up and leave just the bar left. For some reason this doesnt seem to work and i get the regular right click menu when I right click the title bar, is there any way I can change that?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

wow, this skin is absolutely kick ass! actually...this is the best mac skin for WB i have had so far. one problem, the tabs can cause problems sometimes. another thing, is when a window is emphasized on the task bar it becomes a ugly solid color. (see screenshots). the tabs screw up in most tabbed apps, and the scroll bars do not work in my window blinds. i am currently running the evaluation (trial) version...if i buy window blinds, will it fix these problems? i don't know if the scrollbar not showing up in regular windows is a bug or not...but it doesn't show up in any other windowblinds themes. anyway, keep up the awesome work! i hope someone can help me fix my problem.

EDIT: ok, i bought windowblinds 5. everything seems to be in order now...the only problem is that sometimes in firefox the scrollbar breaks (see 4th screenshot).

post-66952-1184452073_thumb.png

post-63-1184452073_thumb.png

post-63-1184452074_thumb.png

post-63-1184452075_thumb.png